Monday, September 20, 2010

A Look at the Past


Listening to "Sprawl" by Arcade Fire

I suffer from a tiring disease called "SLC" or Second Look Crafting. I have a horrible time fighting that part of me that looks at something I made in the past and say, I really dislike the look of that. I know let's take it apart and reinvent something else. Apparently, this involves my housekeeping and work personality. Hence, my husband can't stand it when it's our semi-annual furniture "redecorating party".

To kick off the autumn season, I looked at something I made awhile ago and the SLC overcame me. I don't want to put this part of me down because I know a lot of people suffer from this nerve-breaking syndrome as I do but sometimes it costs me nights of iced-coffee mania or those crazed raccoon eyes at work the next morning. :) What once was a plain wooden nickel last year became something I definitely love now- felt & soft leather embellishments. A seasonal mix of buttons. Oh, and my favorite- an acorn. :)

C^_^

0 comments: