Sunday, September 19, 2010

Treasury

Listening to "A Big Jetplane" by Angus & Julia Stone

I've been on Etsy for almost 1 year now (tomorrow is my official anniversary) and I'm just starting to experiment with some of their cool features. Take their Treasury for instance. If you're familiar with this then you know what I'm talking about. The feature allows you to share 16 different items from separate shops (usually with a central theme) that you like. You then publish the items with a Title and Description and allow other etsians to view them.

In following this topic, I dove into this feature and made my first Etsy Treasury. I based it on two huge inspirations in my life- my husband and his music. Tim, my hubby, is a casual musician. We have a makeshift music studio for him in our guest bedroom and when he "feels like playing" he goes in there and experiments with his "craft". When he shuts that door, I close my eyes and I see that scene from Frankenstein, "It's Alive!". Okay, I know he's not re-animating dead body parts but I know firsthand he is putting what he envisions into his music. He doesn't realize how much his support means to me and I just want him to know this again and again... and again... you get it.

Anyway, I am excited that I was able to tinker with this feature and create something I can share with you. It's nothing fancy but I hope you find the various items I found as creative as I did.

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c969d5f39756d917e5642d1/a-rich-note?index=0

0 comments: