Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Leather Burning on the Dancefloor



Listening to "Paris" by Friendly Fires (Au Revoir Simone Remix)

The leather practicing/doodling has been going fantastic. I have a few belt cuffs/bracelets started but not finished due to the snaps. A few cons have been the gun metal snaps I'm using. The leather punch I bought does not have the same size punch as the snaps. Looks like I will be driving over to Harbor Freight to check out a different punch.

So my sister is officially hooked on the leather bracelets now. I gave her one of my leather punches and we shopped for beads together this weekend. We experimented with a few bead themes and she came up with a really neat cuff. Maybe she'll send me a pic and we can post it.

I also spent a good chunk of the weekend "cleaning out" my mom's vintage knick knacks. Buttons, buttons, buttons... oh it's on like Donkey Kong with buttons. I'll post about that later tonight.


I thought I'd share a few finds with you that I will be using on my cuffs. I especially love the first stone and might even keep it for myself... ^-^. I know.. I'm shellfish. :p Cheers!

1 comments:

Cristi said...

Can't wait to see them. Hope you have pics soon.