Friday, September 4, 2009

Upside Down Frowns

Listening to Sad Songs by Elton John

I can't tell you how psyched I've been this week. I ran into a bead shop on St. Pete Beach with a friend and snatched up some nifty beads. The majority were clay and bone. I also ordered a few from a shop local here in town- Primitive Earth Beads.

The leather doodling has been going fantastic since I've figured out how to remove the points from my heat tool. That actually took Google & a customer service email to the company to figure that one out. In the meantime I had incurred a papercut on my finger and a nice strawberry bruise from trying to remove the points with my fingers... Thank you to Judy Meyers at Walnut Inc. for emailing me back with a pdf creative form to remove points and an apology for cutting my finger... ^-^ I wish I had a photo of my doodles but Abby(our newest kitten) ran off with my leather scraps and I have no idea where she hid them...

As you may know, I'm not one to buy brand new things but Lowes has this awesome bench that I am in love with.. Unfortunately the price tag is out of my budget and I'm hoping a clearance slash will bring it down. I just love the detail. It's heavy and beautiful. I know exactly where I'd put this baby.
Thanks to my mom for helping me start our side garden. I've cleared out a huge patch in the side of our yard. Unfortunately the previous tenant before us used this patch of yard to create a "bonfire"... I won't go into extensive detail but they took termite infested wood and laid a fire pit on top of it. Wait.. there's a tree that hangs 4 feet above the fire pit. I have no idea how the house did not set on fire but we're there.. So Tim and I cleared all that out and now have rich soil ready for a garden. I will grace pictures once we have something worthy.

I will have a few things up tonight. Watch for them... ready... steady.... xoxo. Cheers.

0 comments: