Monday, August 31, 2009

Dusty Dresser..

Listening to "In the Hospital" by Friendly Fires

I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile. It's been an awful few days for me. I was deliriously sick for a couple days, missed a great wedding, and ended up with the worst food poisoning money could not buy. I even got a charlie horse.... *sigh* But I'm back to posting and to let you know the high notes of my weekend.

Sunday I was able to finally work on a dresser I bought a couple months ago. Before you scroll down I encourage you to jog your imagination. Eyes open? Good. Now think of a beautifully crafted piece of furniture such as a dresser. Got it? Now add butterscotch paint all over it. I know. Ok... now take the drawers and add a metallic shimmering gold paint onto them. Yes, I know. Now breathe in that aroma of cigarettes because this baby is coated with it. What? More? Oh, yes. Don't forget the cat pee or the other stains left all over it... Finally. I didn't have my camera with me when I did this project so I only have the after photos but that is exactly how the dresser came. Absofruitly dreadful.

After 4 hours of intense cleaning, sanding, painting, refinishing, and distressing this is the end project....


Don't peak yet...




Seriously..



You have your picture of the before??



Ok..



Now scroll down...




like it?

distressed..

I hate this pic.. but it's what the top looks like...

All those lovely pieces on top were brought together by my mom and I. She's a fantastic thrifter. I'm bugging her to get a blog started because all the stuff she has.. gardening, crafting, etc... she is like the wizard of Oz- all knowing...

I hope to have some new photos up tomorrow after work. I've started the leather burning. I have ideas out the wazoo and I began doodling with some leather pieces already. Works fantastic. I should be getting my gun metal snaps tomorrow..? As soon as I get that started I'll have loads of pics. Let me know what you think and as always.. Cheers! xoxoxo

2 comments:

Amy said...

Omg.. that is gorgeous. My before picture made me think it was not going to look as good as that. Let's see more!

Cristi said...

I likes! Great job. It looks like it should be in an old beach house.